This year, I am getting a different perspective on July. I am spending it with my family in Australia. It's winter here ("winter" being relative, given the warm temperatures and never-ending sunshine), kids are in school, and locals are bundled up against the cool winds.
One's situation and location drives much of how the world is seen. Being here is a great way to be reminded that things are different around the world.
As I get ready to check out the birthplace of surf life saving, take a look at our most-read articles for July:
- English: One language, many voices - The Voice Map drew a lot of attention in July
- Automating QA in translation - Using tools to handle some aspects of QA
- Launch of The Interpreter's Launch Pad - A good new resource for medical interpreters
- Medical translation validation - the good, the bad and the ugly - Risk management for labeling projects
- Marketing to your own team - When companies start cutting corners, employees can tell
You can follow ForeignExchange on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.