I just came across this terrific post for you: 50 Things Successful People Have in Common from Craig Harper on The DEW View.
The list is written for a general audience. But just like the 50 things your customers wish you knew, it is highly applicable to the translation space.
The whole list is relevant but here are a handful that really resonated:
3. They are solution focused.
14. They innovate rather than imitate.
22. While many people are reactive, they are proactive. They take action before they have to.
32. They are generous and kind. They take pleasure in helping others achieve.
39. They don't hang out with toxic people.
46. Their career is not their identity, it’s their job. It’s not who they are, it’s what they do.
No need to get hung-up on memorizing or trying to apply all 50 items though. Read through the list, pick a few that will help you overcome challenges, and then work on those.
[Via the Medical Sales Recruiter blog]
ForeignExchange Translations provides specialized medical translation services to the world's leading pharmaceutical and medical device companies.
Categories: off topic